The TURN ON architecture festival offers once again a top-class program with numerous speakers from Germany and abroad. The overarching theme "QUALITY AND INNOVATION" is presented and discussed from various perspectives.
The opening speech in 2019 will be given by Maria Vassilakou, Deputy Mayor and City Councilor for Urban Development and Transport in Vienna.
The welcome speech on Friday will be given by Veronica Kaup-Hasler, the new city councilor for culture and science in Vienna, the welcome speech on Saturday will be given by Christian Kühn, Chairman of the Austrian Architecture Foundation and Kathrin Gaal, Councilor for women and housing in Vienna. This supporting program will be moderated on every day by the festival director Margit Ulama, who will also take over the welcome speech on Thursday.
The keynote talk 2019 by Leo Van Broeck, Flemish Government architect in Brussels, on Friday morning will be on the subject: „Quality as a Bridge between Architecture and Politics.“
Since 2003 the architecture festival TURN ON has been dedicated to contemporary architecture in the sense of "building culture". Over the years, the network between architecture, business and politics has been continuously expanded, and it is constantly being deepened. In this sense, the individual program points represent perspectives of various disciplines and bring a wide range of points of view.
The opening speech, the welcome speech and the keynote speech form a national and international framework for the extensive lecture program. The keynote speech represents a philosophical-political meta-level that reflects and comments on the practice of building.
On Thursday and Friday, the program TURN ON PARTNER presents a kaleidoscope of current buildings. The dense lecture program, which combines architecture and business, further differentiates key topics from the previous year.
On Saturday, TURN ON presents a wide variety of design strategies by austrian and international architects. There the architecture of housing construction is extremely diverse today; pointedly interpreted further construction tasks follow after the TURN ON TALK. The program item is newly introduced TURN ON STUDIO at the end of the day.
Some of this year´s architect speakers:
• Stig Mikkelsen – MIKKELSEN arkitekter, Kopenhagen
• Thorsten Sahlmann – Renzo Piano Building Workshop, Paris
• Reinhard Kropf – Helen & Hard, Oslo
• Jan Horst – Chaix & Morel et Associés, Paris
• Ernst Beneder – Architektur Ernst Beneder, Vienna
• Susanne Seyfert – Architekturbuero 1, Linz
• Mark Gilbert – trans_city, Vienna
• Heribert Wolfmayr – heri&salli Architektur, Vienna
• Martin Lesjak – INNOCAD Architecture, Graz
• Michael Obrist / Mario Paintner – feld72, Vienna
• Katharina Bayer / Markus Zilker – einzueins architektur, Vienna
• Carlo Baumschlager – Baumschlager Hutter, Dornbirn
• Alison Brooks – Alison Brooks Architects, London
• Nils Buschmann – ROBERTNEUN™, Berlin
• Hermann Czech, Vienna
• Claudia König – königlarch architekten, Vienna
• Werner Neuwirth, Vienna
• Axel Linemayr – pool Architektur, Vienna
• Vasa J. Perović – Bevk Perović arhitekti, Ljubljana
• Hemma Fasch – fasch&fuchs., Vienna
• Christian Ambos – Franz&Sue, Vienna
• Dietger Wissounig, Graz
• Erich Strolz / Much Untertrifaller – Strolz + Dietrich | Untertrifaller, Innsbruck
• Walter Angonese, Italy
• Lukáš Kordík / Štefan Polakovič – gutgut, Bratislava
More about the festival: www.turn-on.at